Chances are, you’ve probably heard of Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation, Inc. But like most people, you may have no idea what they are, or why they’re so necessary. For a non-profit hospital, senior health care, and rural health services of Trego county, they are critical.
Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation raises money and community awareness for health care in the county, health care education, and our hospital and the services offered in the community. The same way a concrete foundation physically holds up a house, trego hospital endowment foundation has supported the mission of health care in trego county, not-for-profit health care entities, and TCLMH for 28 years. It is thanks to generous Donors, volunteers, supporters, and you.
Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation, Inc is a separate organization with a separate focus. Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation is incorporated under the laws of the state of Kansas and has its own ruling from the Internal Revenue Service as a non-profit charity.
The focus of the Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation is to provide resources for equipment, programs and services that otherwise would not be possible. Its mission statement is: Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation primary purpose is to support, enhance and expand the activities of Health Care in Trego county and improve the health and well being of the people it serves.
Through fund-raising efforts and community education, hospital foundations help keep health care providers and their communities in touch with each others needs.
Why are they important? (you and your loved one are important)
Now hospitals often receive less reimbursement from insurance companies and the government than what it costs to provide the service. This reduction in payment costs hospitals billions of dollars every year. At the same time, the costs of labor, medications and technology are increasing. Hospital employees’ salaries and benefits continue to rise. And then there are the approximately 44 million uninsured Americans who need health care whether they can pay or not.
According to the American Hospital Association, nearly one-third of U.S. hospitals lose money every year. These strains have made foundations and fund raising more important than ever to hospitals’ survival.
Money well spent (you can help raise funds, you can help decide how it is spent, we value you)
Hospital foundations raise money in several different ways, including:
· Annual campaigns—yearly mailings to former patients and community members. The mailing may include an update on the hospital’s activities and growth, but always includes an appeal for a gift.
· Capital campaigns—one-time efforts over limited periods of time to raise funds for specific projects, such as a new facility, new equipment or a new service.
· Planned giving—when a person leaves part of his or her estate for the hospital foundation in a will, or establishes a charitable gift annuity or trust.
· Endowments—investments set up by the foundation for the hospital, heath care entity, or designated projects. The money for the investment comes from contributions. The returns go to the hospital equipment and needs, health care entities, and as designated, but the original money isn’t touched. This provides a stable, long-term income source for the hospital.
· Special events, such as dinners, golf tournaments and galas.
· Major gifts, large one-time donations from individual donors.
Where does the money go?
Contributions may help with providing items that are not within the facilities budget, buying new equipment or scholarships and education. Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation raises money and community awareness for health care in the county, health care education, and our hospital and the services offered in the community. The same way a concrete foundation physically holds up a house, Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation has supported health care in Trego county, not-for-profit health care entities, and TCLMH for 28 years. It is Thanks to generosity of Donors, volunteers, supporters, and you
A Reason To Give
People give for a number of reasons, more often than not; they believe that they are contributing to better health care in their community. Better funding means more and better services. In the long run any contribution to Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation is an investment in yourself and your community’s health. To contribute to the Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation, call (785) 743-2070 or mail your donation to Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation, 236 N. 6th St , WaKeeney, Ks 67672